Add Push Notification
Learn about push notification settings.
You can send Push Notification in mobile applications you developed with Kuika. To send Push Notification, you should use Push Notification Actions from system actions and make necessary adjustments in Configuration Manager view mode. You can adjust the settings for iOS and Android devices via the Send Push Notification Settings tab on the API Configuration page.
This training content consists of the following topics.
- 1.Push Notification Settings for iOS Devices:
- 2.Push Notification Settings for Android Devices:
Go to Configuration Manager to set Push Notification settings for iOS devices. Open the configuration page in the left menu where you perform the Backend configuration. If you haven't created the Backend configuration page before, create a new backend configuration. Click the drop-down menu opposite the iOS heading under the Send Push Notification Settings tab on the backend configuration page. Select the ADD NEW option in the drop-down menu.
Entering Push Notification Setting information on the pop-up that opens
You need to add the requested information on the pop-up screen titled Push Notification Setting.
- Name the Push Notification setting via the text input box next to the Name header. Next, enter your Team Id.
- Open the Account page by clicking the Account button and scroll down to the Membership Details on the page that opens.
- Team Id information in the membership details section. Enter the Team Id information you have accessed in the relevant field in Kuika.
- After providing the Team Id entry, the next step will be to specify the post type.
- If you are going to provide the publication by sending the .ipa file to the simulator, you should select the publication type as Development. If you are running the application via Testflight, you should choose Production as the broadcast type.
- The last information you need to add on the Push Notification Setting screen for iOS is Notification Certificate. To access the certificate file with the .p8 extension that you will use for iOS devices, you must follow some steps.
- To get the P8 file, go to the Apple Account Manager Page and log in with your Apple Developer account. Open the Users and Access Page after login.
- Click the Keys button on the page that opens. You can create and download the.p8 file by clicking the + icon on the Keys page that opens. Upload the downloaded file with the Upload button opposite the Notification Certificate and click the CREATE button.
You can only download the P8 file once. For this reason, you should keep the file well.
Go to Configuration Manager to set Push Notification settings for Android devices. Open the configuration page in the left menu where you perform the Backend configuration. If you haven't created the Backend configuration page before, create a new backend configuration. Click the drop-down menu opposite the Android heading under the Send Push Notification Settin
gs tab on the backend configuration page. Select the ADD NEW option in the drop-down menu.
Entering Firebase Setting information on the pop-up that opens
- Name the Firebase setting via the text input box next to the Name header.
- Next, enter your Sender Id, Server Key, and Notification Certificate information. There are some steps you need to do to access this information.
- Go to the settings page by clicking the Gear icon next to the Project Overview item in the left panel menu on the project screen that opens.
- Download the file named google-services.json in the General tab. You will use this file as a Notification Certificate.
- Then click on the Cloud Messaging tab.
- On the page that opens, you can find the Server Key and Sender Id information under the heading Cloud Messaging API (Legacy).
- Now go back to Kuika. Fill in the Sender Id and Server Key information. Upload the file named google-services.json that you downloaded as Notification Certificate via the UPLOAD button.
- CREATE button after completing the installation process.